Wholesale 100% Iberian Acorn Ham
Buy acorn iberian pure ham
The 100% iberian acorn spanish ham is the highest quality iberian ham. This ham corresponds to the previously called Iberian ham of pure acorn or the present black leg ham.
These hams come from 100% Iberian pigs that have been bred and fed freely in the pasture with acorns, natural grasses and aromatic herbs during the montanera.
As these Iberian pigs need a large number of acorns for fattening and daily exercise to obtain a vein and an ideal grease, has been established approximately one hectare area for each Iberian pig depending on the density of oaks, cork oaks, etc.
As for the nomenclature ham of black leg, use has been restricted, being able to only denominate in this way to this type of pure iberian hams of acorn.
How do I differentiate a acorn 100% iberian ham from the rest?
There are basically 3 main characteristics that allow us to differentiate the types of Iberian hams: the morphological characteristics of ham, fat and weight.
- Black color: this label attests that ham is 100% Iberian acorn, but we recommend taking into account the following two characteristics when selecting your hams.
- More stylized ham with thin cane: 100% Iberian acorn hams are more elongated and stylized thanks to the daily work done in the field and to the nature of this breed.
- Elongated and rounded hoof: on the hoof of these hams you should note the wear of your hooves caused when walking through the field with freedom.
External fat of the ham:
- Fat texture: 100% Iberian acorn ham has a soft touch fat that sinks easily under pressure, quickly recovering its original state at the end of it.
- Color of fat: 100% Iberian acorn ham has a dark yellow, gold colored outer fat, denoting that it has received adequate acorn-based food during its mound.